Thursday, July 24, 2014

Stephenie LaGrossa (Palau, Guatemala, Heroes vs Villains)



If you've read any of my previous rankings, you might of noticed I don't particularly care for Stephenie, but there was actually a point in time I really loved her. In Palau, she had a very strong competitive spirit, which was very rare for women at this point in the show for a female and, more importantly, Stephenie knew how to take care of herself. It was a breath of fresh air to finally have a girl who didn't need a father-type, boyfriend-type, brother-type, mother-type bond with another castaway in the show. And after her entire tribe got the boot and she was left at camp all alone, how could you not root for her?

Unfortunately, by the time Guatemala came around, Steph did a total 180. She was completely irrational, took criticism very poorly, and I got so sick and tired of hearing the 'I'm tired of being on the team of losers cuz everyone sucks except me cuz I mean just look at how awesome I am' confessionals she just couldn't resist blabbering.  It's amazing how quickly my feelings went from joy and excitement on seeing her return to joy and excitement to seeing a jury rip her to shreds in the course of one season.

No comments: