Friday, June 27, 2014

Lex van den Berghe (Africa, All Stars)



I remember how much I used to love Lex when I first watched him in Africa. But I also used to love Cinnamon Toast Crunch and then I grew up and found that crap disgusting. Point is, I now know a sore loser when I see one and Lex is nothing but if only the top sore loser out of the entire Survivor roster with maybe the exception of Russell Hantz.

Allow me to recap the story: in AllStars Lex had a key opportunity to take out Amber, an ex-member of the opponent tribe and was an easy target for his tribe to take out and even the numbers at merge for the two teams. But Lex thought 'naw, that's too easy. I'll exploit my outside friendship with Boston Rob to my advantage, spare Amber, and then Boston Rob will owe me and stand aside to watch me win the game.'

That's right everyone. Lex mixes personal relationships with his strategy which is as dangerous as mixing alcohol with rape. So of course we can imagine how personal Lex took it when Rob said 'I lied. Gonna go win this game we're all playing now...' After being voted out, Lex relished every minute of ripping Rob a new one in his jury speech because Lex can't admit when he fucked up.

You can see this same level of 'I feel so betrayed' bullshit from Lex when he approaches Tom in Africa. Teresa throws Tom under the bus in a last ditch effort to save herself and Lex gets on his high horse over it. And do I really need to go into why 'following your gut' as opposed to common sense is a bad idea?

Bottom line: Lex is a terrible Survivor player and what's worse, he has zero idea how to separate personal feelings with the game itself.

Candice Woodstock/Cody (Cook Islands, Heroes vs Villains, Blood vs Water)



Candice has been on the show three seasons and all three times she's done something that made me roll my eyes at her sheer stupidity.

And it's not like it had to be that way. I loved Candice when I first saw her on Cook Islands. She was a fierce competitor and seemed to have a solid head on her shoulders. But the latter soon was thrown out the window when she foolishly mutinied and was sucking Adams face. But none of that compared to her super shitty jury question when she asked a question to Yul that was purposefully designed to make him look like either a) a liar or b) a scumbag just because she's so insecure she needed to feel smarter then him for a brief moment. Yay for jury power abuse.

Her IQ apparently didn't go any higher when she foolishly jumped from her Heroes team (who'd she blow to get on that tribe?) into the awaiting arms of Russell Hantz despite Sandra spelling out for her why it was a bad move. And then in Blood vs Water she got all 'you mess with my man, you mess with me' which is an attitude that only annoys and pisses off everyone else.

Katie Gallagher (Palau)



I hear a lot of criticism thrown Tom's way for his bullying on Ian and how he's the ugliest piece of scum there is in Palau, but I think Katie's behavior toward Ian was much worse.

In case I'm unclear, Katie decided to leave her old alliance of Ian and Tom for Gregg and Jenn. At a reward challenge, Ian and Tom's suspicions became confirmed when Katie knocked out Ian over Gregg (arms behind her back, batting her eyelashes and saying to Ian 'would you hate me' in that cutesy voice women do to get their way without looking like the bad guy). In a last ditch effort to save themselves, Tom and Ian joined up with Caryn and told Katie the vote was for Caryn. At the last second, Ian informed Katie that the vote was really for Gregg and unless Katie wanted to risk going home on a rock draw, she should switch her vote to Gregg which she begrudgingly did.

Then at another challenge, Ian picked Tom over Katie for a dinner and Katie handled it the only way Katie knew how: pouting, giving Ian the cold shoulder, and making Ian feel like he was the piece of crap for going back on his promise to her when she was the one who was planning on betraying him. Even going so far as to sob because she was just sooooooo hurt by the way he handled himself.

She got even worse when she brought up how pissed she was at Ian for his last minute move to take out Gregg at a TC. When Probst pressed Ian on it, Ian replied 'what benefit does it serve me to tell Katie earlier or later' to which Katie responded 'because then I have more time to think if I want to go with Gregg and Jenn or not.' Yeah that's right, this whole pissy attitude she had towards Ian was over the fact that he did not give her more time to think about screwing him over.

There's the other stuff like whining that Tom is being mean to her and loving how easy the game is for her when she did near nothing to earn any of it, but this is the key moment that makes Katie my most disliked Palau member.

No comments: