Sunday, June 22, 2014

Jenna Lewis (Borneo, All Stars)



You know, I'm sure I could make some sort of joke that thanks whatever dude was in Jenna's....'special' video for putting something in her mouth that would prevent us from having to listen to her speak more, but it's just too easy.

Yes, Jenna is my most disliked Survivor original. I didn't like her in Borneo and I sure as shit didn't like her in All-Stars. In fact, she was one of only two castaways in season 8 that I believe didn't offer any sort of All Star purpose. She wasn't a strong strategist or competitor like Rob C or Tina, she wasn't exactly super popular like Colby or Big Tom, and she wasn't memorable like Jerri or Richard (in fact, I believe I read that Jenna was actually a backup and was flown out when Colleen turned down the offer, which made much more sense, but did it have to be from Borneo?).

Jenna's main problem is her annoying personality. She has a mouth that can go a mile a minute (insert easy 'leaked sex video' joke here), a voice that makes her sound like a 45 year old chain smoker, and a bitchy attitude. She bitched about Shii Ann being too annoying (the irony), she bitched about Elisabeth crying too much, and bitched that winners have no right to be playing Survivor for a second time which takes the cake in terms of awful reasoning to want to vote a person out.


Ghandia Johnson (Thailand)



Like Robb, Ghandia is an example on why being an invisible, boring personality is sometimes better than being memorable.

We all know the moment I'm talking about. Ghandia felt violated by her teammate Ted and just exploded. Let me be clear on something: I don't buy Ted's story. I don't buy that in some half-asleep state, Ted used Ghandia as a horizontal stripper pole thinking it was his wife. But regardless of if Ted is telling the truth or not, Ghandia didn't exactly handle it full of class herself. Instead of working it out between her and Ted and/or after the game was over, she decided to use it as a way to boot Ted off, skewing her story to make Ted look worse then he did in the incident. Then when she got wind that Ted denied the thing entirely to others (which to be fair, was something he shouldn't of done) she decided to bring her entire team and two bystanders into an awkward situation that involved her throwing a fit that would've made Brandon Hantz bow his head in embarrassment for being associated with her. Some may have seen an emotional woman who's feelings boiled over, but I just saw....well....Clay summed it up best, I think.

And it isn't just that particular moment. Ghandia also displayed some bad personality traits as well. She just seemed like someone so eager to be awesome at anything she could so she jumped out of the boat in the first immunity challenge, botched up the puzzle, and solely lost the challenge for her team. And not in a admirable way. Especially after the way she sobbed back to her beach yelling angrily 'those lucky bastards (which, if you're referring to the fact that Sook Jai decided not to pick you on their team, then yeah. I suppose they were lucky)! She wasn't someone I wanted to see a lot of and I was very happy to see her go.

No comments: